Monday, July 27, 2015

Letter from Michael 7-27-2015 – 20 Months
I have failed to mention again and again how beautiful the view of Joburg city is from one part of our area. It is so close. In a place we go often called South Hills there is a spot where I tried to get a beautiful picture of the sun setting behind the sky scrapers. My camera does not do well in dim lighting so I will have to borrow another camera for the picture.
This week only Immaculate came to church. The church service went well. Musa who was less active came to church. Even Elder Rouse has not seen her there before. Immaculate is more keen on being interviewed again soon. She seems happier now. She and Nicky love learning about the temple and eternal marriage. I gave them a great big study manual all about it. On Sunday Nicky gave a 12 minute talk about the 10 commandments and did a great job. He was very nervous before but was able to find success. 
 Eleanor who is a recent convert gave at talk 2 weeks ago and is now taking temple preparation classes and is loving it. Kim, a re-activated member is also taking the temple classes. 
We have 3 new investigators. We are not sure what happened to Shane but we did not see him on Sunday. Mphatso and Janie are very interested in coming to church. They have their own car which is a good sign. We met them while tracting.

Part of his letter to his mom:

We had the car and bikes. We saved a lot of kilometers on the car by biking in the general area of where we drove to. The zone leader thought it was a great idea and the advice will spread to the other missionaries.
On Wednesday I went on exchanges with Elder Ainslie to Bedfordview. I met some great member fanilies there and I did do an interview for a 12 year-old girl named, Milka. It was a great experience to be a part of it. She passed and was baptized this Sunday!
We will watch the movie (Meet the Mormons) with the ward on August 20th I believe. I have it in my planner. I think my companion will leave and I will stay.

The most spiritual experience was the baptismal interview. It was an uplifting and spiritual experience. The funniest parts of the week was Elder Rouse falling off the bike and me hitting Elder Rouse over and over again during the bubble soccer zone activity!
I have been receiving post cards. I will send you one next month. Congratulations to Brooke getting the mission call! That is exciting! 

Interviews were good with President Dunn. I got my temple recommend renewed because it has been 2 years now.
- Elder Johnson

Part of his letter to his dad:

I  enjoy the camp pictures. It looks like such a good time! That is typical of the DeDen family about the kids being raptors, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment