Monday, June 22, 2015

Letter from Michael 6-22-2015 -19 Months

My last week in Witbank is over! It is a bit sad but it is good to move on and experience something new. Witbank has been my favorite area to serve in. I love the members here! This Sunday Dudu, Sharon, and Bongiwe were all the investigators who came to church this Sunday.
On Monday last week we went to the Nish's farm. It was fun as always! We helped him burn tons of weeds and brush on his property. It was a controlled fire. Also we moved rocks and boulders away so that the horses don't injure themselves. After wards we made taco with President Nish. I have to say Mexican food is the best food on Earth... Celestial food!
On Thursday while at the Stroydom's house I got a call from President Dunn. He wants me to be the district leader in my area and finish train a new Elder who has been in the field for 6 weeks. His name is Elder Rouse, from England. Anyway, that was my week. Mom and Dad thank you very much for the package I received this week. Also many thanks to Brother and Sister Smith in Cali for the package that you sent. I loved it! Thanks to all who support me and pray for me!
- Elder Johnson
Quote: "Unless a man undertakes more than he can possibly do, he will never do all that he can." -Henry Ford

Part of his letter to his mom:
On Tuesday in South Africa it is Youth Day! We went to the chapel for a bit to celebrate with the branch. There was Pizza and we played stick hockey with rolled up card board boxes. It was a lot of fun! I also played a bit of baseball with some of the youth.

I also spoke in sacrament meeting yesterday. It was a late notice as always. I talked about our Heavenly Fathers love for us; about his plan for families that is made possible because of the atonement of Christ.

Part of his letter to his dad:

Happy Fathers Day!!!!! I hope it was good. I sent the post card way too early but at least you saw the video. It sounds like it was a great fathers day! I am glad you enjoyed it! That trailer will need a truck (bakkie) one day. Congrats on the knee healing. Keep getting better. I would love to hike to timp cave with you guys. You feeling up to it? 


Making pap- Neh

Quintin

Dudu (in red) and her family

Allen

Gumede family Bongiwe is on the left.

Michelle and Isabel

Ganakgomo Family

The Venters

Edwin and Jaunri

Plaxedous

No comments:

Post a Comment