Monday, November 30, 2015

Letter from Michael 11-30-2015- The End

On Saturday I went to the temple with Elder Dlamini for the departing trip with all the missionaries going home. It was especially nice because members from Tsakane, Seshego, Polokwane, Protea Glen, and Rabie Ridge were at the temple as well. It was great to see them and catch up with them. Some of them I have not seen in almost two years. I really enjoyed that day. Elder Dlamini's home branch from Swaziland was there. So he was able to send some of his belongings home with them.
Unfortunately no investigators came to church on Sunday. We did find a father lead family to teach though. We will see them on Wednesday. Tomorrow is the mission tour where one of the general authorities in the church will speak with us. I am sure we will learn from and enjoy the message prepared for us there. 

Quote: "Behold, thus saith the Lord unto the elders of his church, who are to return speedily to the land from whence they came: Behold, it pleaseth me, that you have come up hither;" - Doctrine & Covenants 60:1

Quote: "O be wise; what can I say more." - Jacob 6:12

Part of his letter to his mom:

I dunno about tears nor the number of people going home. But this I know; that there are few survivors left from my MTC group.  (When asked if people were surprised to see him at the temple he replied the following: Yes, I don't regret it one bit. Yes, the people we are very happy and surprised to see me. They all assumed I was home already. Elder Mcclealan, from my MTC group, came back to finish his mission in his 1st area. The area is Seshego next to Polokwane so people though I went home same time as his which was 6 weeks ago.

When asked if he was able to meet any more of the members and work with them he wrote the following: Yes, we found out where some more members live.

No comments:

Post a Comment