Monday, November 23, 2015

Letter from Michael 11-23-2015- Two Weeks Left

This week we have 12 new investigators. One of them is a father lead family. A new investigator, Xoly, came to church this Sunday. This Sunday was different. We had stake conference in Kwa-Thema. It was a recording of Elder Renlund, Elder Cook, and the other Elder Cook. They spoke about tithing and women. 

Quote: Serve your mission in such a way that each day when you get out of bed Satan says, "Oh no, HE'S AWAKE!"

Quote 2: "The attitude you have towards your mission experience is a reflection of your love toward your Heavenly Father and His son and your respect for the priesthood."

Quote 3: A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. - Robert HUghes

Part of his letter to his mom:
I got my itinerary packet last night! It is cool to actually see it and have it in hand!
Yes, I have been trying to be charitable. Often times they won't let us but last week I managed to wash a bunch of dishes for a member. 

The father lead family is nice! The first time we met with them it was awkward but the 2nd time was so much better. They were quite interested. It was awkward the first time because they didn't really say anything or show any interest until we taught about the plan of salvation. We taught about the plan of salvation. I love teaching about the plan of salvation and also the Book of Mormon. I am sure all of my companions could tell you that teaching about the BOM to investigators is my favorite!

The only dress shoes I have are the ones I had even as a teacher. The laces look bad. The other two pairs of shoes gave up the ghost. I suppose they just worked too hard, neh?

Karabo is still on date for baptism. She just did not come to church because she had no money for transport.
Elder De La Cruz actually wants to be a detective when he gets home. We get along well. It is funny... he compare our companionship to Thor and Captain America as the fought as a team in the first Avenger movie.
Today, we don't have plans. For my birthday we plan to go to a place called Carnivore and they will give us exotic food to eat such as Kudu, Zebra, warthog, and crocodile! It will be awesome! 


Quote 4: "It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

No comments:

Post a Comment