Monday, October 5, 2015

Letter from Michael 10-5-2015

It was an interesting Saturday for us last week. We got permission to go to the temple because a family that Elder Hughes was taught was going to be sealed for time and eternity in the temple. So we went there to support the family. We got there early on Saturday morning. It was actually too early so we found something to do while we waited. We went to the baptistery and witnessed baptisms and the did confirmations. I had never done that before in all of the times I have been to a temple. The Holy Spirit was definitely strong and present there.

After that the family came and we did an endowment session and then proceeded to the sealing room. It was my first time to ever witness a sealing ordinance. Even though I didn't know the family it was still nice to see. I don't remember the last time I felt the Holy Spirit so strongly. Afterwards the temple worker turned to me and the other 3 Elders and told us that our turn was not so far away. I said, "That is both a joyful and a scary thought."

Dell and Thendi are progressing very well. They were at church as well as Renato. I don't know if I said last time but Renato is on date for baptism as well. We still have not done the mega booth but we will this Saturday hopefully. We will set up a table and a big banner in Alberton City. then we will have some members with us with BOMs and pamphlets while we talk to people walking by. On Wednesday we are going with the ward to help out with the temple trip. We of course also got permission for that as well. We finally found a recent convert / less active member. His name is Washington. We had a good talk with him and will help him find a way to church this Sunday.

- Elder Michael Johnson

Part of his letter to his mom:
We will watch conference on the 17th and 18th when we have the DVDs.
The Church is so true! I will never forget that!

Today for zone activity we are going to have a slip n slide, water balloon fight, and braai!

No comments:

Post a Comment