Monday, December 8, 2014


Letter from Michael 12-8-2014 -20 Year Old

Happy birthday to me! It was a good birthday thanks too my family, companion, zone leaders, Brother Kevin, and all of those who wished me a happy birthday! It is weird to think I am 1/5 of a century old now. I enjoyed all of the gifts and delicious food that was prepared for me.
Well, on Tuesday last week we finally finished moving the other Elders into their flat. After the Christmas party last week everyone got the squirts because the chicken was bad. Elder Todd had it the worst... poor thing. Also, on Tuesday Elder Kolditz and      I went to court. Yes, court. It was held in Carletonville. A while ago in one of Elder Kolditz's previous areas he got in an accident. It was at night on a multiple lane road with no cars around. Then out of nowhere an ambulance smashed into the back of the car and totalled it. The ambulance did not even have any sirens or lights on. So obviously it was the ambulance driver's fault. But they tried to sue Elder Kolditz. So this last Tuesday in court was his 4th and last time. It all got resolved. I met his attorneys and one of them is a member in our Centurion stake. Anyway, all is well.
We receive 6 referrals last week and most of them are father lead families. We have so many to teach but last week was hectic and people are busy or out of town so we did not get to teach those families. Letti, an investigator, was supposed to go to church but the member who was supposed to take her to church forgot. ...Oops. Mphumsi and Mkosinthl came to church again. Mphumsi already wants to pay tithing and fast offerings right now! Incredible! He loves the gospel.
     On Saturday we saw Rams back from the hospital. His trachea is 90% healed now. We will see him again on Thursday and then on Friday he is going up to Limpopo for the Holidays. Last week Elder Kolditz and I gave talks in sacrament meeting. He talked about Christmas and I talked about Christ-like attributes. It went pretty well. It was just the 2 of us speakers.
"Sometimes the most precious and sacred things are right in front of us, in plain sight, but we cannot or woll not see them...
"I promise that if we unclutter our lives a little bit and in sincerity and humility seek the pure and gentle Christ with our hearts, we will find Him- on Christmas and throughout the year." - President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

 Merry Christmas time!
- Elder Michael Johnson

part of letter to his mom:
Yes, I had a great Birthday! What a pleasant surprise! I was so shocked as too how you knew Kevin until I read your letters later on. I went on exchanges to Centurion. I thought we were going to a member lesson and going to cut a guys hair and it turned out to be a b-day party for me. We didn't have a lot of time but we ate, talked, had cake, and opened the gifts. The food was great. There was steak, chicken, fried pumpkin stuff, and cake... Delicious!









No comments:

Post a Comment